A salad with an original twist, because instead of using Roman lettuce, we go with Brussels sprouts, and instead of chicken, tofu will be our protein. This salad can be served as a light meal and it’s perfect for lunch. Plus it’s a salad that can be stored up to 2 days in the fridge.
To have a delicious and perfectly crispy salad, it’s important to leave the Brussels sprouts in the dressing for 1 hour, this will soften the salad. If you don’t have the patience to wait and you eat it immediately the flavor will be there but you may find it a bit rough under the tooth!
Prep Time: 20 mins
Waiting Time: 1 hour
Cooking Time: 20 mins
3 Cups Brussels Sprouts
1 block of tofu extra firm
3 tbsp. capers
¼ cup vegan Parmesan
¼ cup mayonnaise
1 tbsp. Dijon mustard
1 tbsp. red wine vinegar
1 tbsp. lemon juice
· Preheat the oven to 400 ˚F
· Cut the tofu in small cubes and place them in a baking sheet. Add salt and pepper to taste
· Cook in the oven for 20 minutes
· Finely chopped the Brussels sprouts and place in a bowl, add capers
· In a small bowl mix mayonnaise, mustard, vinegar, and lemon juice. Mix to combine everything.
· Add the dressing to the Brussels sprout and reserve for 1 hour so that the Brussels Sprout gets softer.
· Remove tofu from the oven and let it cool.
· Serve the tofu on top of the salad